Tuesday 10:00 am – 1:30 pm
Saturday 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
*Additional appointment times available upon request*
What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning uses a custom blade to gently exfoliate the top layer of dead skin cells and vellus hair (peach fuzz) on the face in order to reveal a smooth and brighter complexion. Vellus hair often causes a buildup of dirt and oils in the follicles, so removing the hair provides healthier looking skin. Contrary to popular belief, dermaplaning does NOT cause vellus hairs to grow back thicker! It is a painless procedure & can be compared to the sensation of shaving your legs.
Special Introductory Price $70
Benefits of Dermaplaning:
• Smooth appearance & great canvas for makeup application
• Immediately diminishes the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
• Creates a healthier, more radiant appearance
• Allows a deeper depth absorption for topical products
• Improves the efficacy of products
• Evens skin tone
• Decreases comedones, congested pores & milia
• Skin feels smooth & soft to the touch
Substantial improvement in your skin’s appearance can be noticed in as little as 2 or 3 treatments. A series of treatments 4-6 weeks apart is recommended because Dermaplaning removes 21 days’ worth of dead skin cells, so it’s best to allow the skin to rejuvenate the cycle before your next treatment. If you’re more concerned about vellus hair, the growth cycle us also up to 28 days.
Ideal Candidate for Dermaplaning:
Pregnant or nursing mothers because most aesthetic treatments are contraindicated for you. Dermaplaning provides fantastic results without the use of chemicals or other products that can be absorbed into the bloodstream, thus risking harm to a baby.
Clear skin i.e. no active breakouts. Especially effective if you have broken capillaries, sensitive skin, certain allergies to chemical peeling agents & perhaps cannot have a microdermabrasion treatment too
If you are unsure if Dermaplaning is right for you, please contact us to schedule a complimentary consultation.
• Active Acne
• Active Infection
• Raise Lesions
• Recent Chemical Peel
• Chemotherapy or Radiation
• Recent Wax or Facial
• Eczema or Dermatitis
• Family history of hypertrophic scarring or keloid formation
• Hormonal Therapy that produces thick pigmentation
• Oral Blood Thinner Medication
• Recent use of topical agents such as Glycolic Acids, Alpha-Hydroxy Acids & Retin-A (Stop 2 days prior to treatment)
• Skin Cancer
• Tattoos on the face
• Excessively Thick, Dark Facial Hair
• Uncontrolled Diabetes
• Use of Accutane (or similar medication)
There is little to no downtime! After the treatment patients may want to avoid anything that is irritating (such as: Retin-A, Glycolic acids or facial scrubs.) Wash skin with a gentle cleanser. Therapeutic moisturizer is needed to protect the skin along with an SPF of 30+ for daily use.